The best way to find out if Westminster is right for your family is to take the following steps:
New Student Admission Process
- Inquire for information
- Call Westminster to schedule a tour: 205.995.9694
- Complete a Waiting Pool Form: Once you have finished your form and turned in your $50 deposit, you will be placed in the pool to apply for available spots.
- Complete an Application: The application fee is $250. If your child is not admitted, we will refund $225 of the application fee. Please ensure that you print the required recommendation forms and transcripts (1st-12th grades) during the application process.
- Read Wisdom and Eloquence by Evans and LittleJohn. You can obtain a copy from the school. We also highly recommend reading Tedd Tripp’s Shepherding a Child’s Heart for an understanding of the school’s approach to discipline.
- Testing: Kindergarten testing will be in February. Testing for 1st-12th Grade will be scheduled. The point of the assessment is to determine if your child is ready for the Westminster classroom. You will receive more information once your paperwork is received.
- Parent Interview: After testing, a meeting will be set up to meet with either the Head of the Lower School or the Head of the Upper School to explain the results of student testing. The meeting will also be a final opportunity for parents and Westminster to make certain that Westminster is the right place for your child.
- Family Commitment Form: Within two weeks of the interview you will be informed in writing as to whether or not your child has been accepted. If admitted you will receive a Family Commitment Form. This form is your opportunity to officially accept admission and the terms of admission.
Please note applications are due by January 17 to maintain priority in the waiting pool.
Admissions Payment Options
Thank you for submitting your application via RenWeb. To complete the application process, you may remit your application fee(s) using one of the following options:
- Make payment using PayPal below
- Remit a check to our office
Westminster School at Oak Mountain
5080 Cahaba Valley Trace
Birmingham, AL 35242