Athletics Program Information
Westminster is a member of the Alabama High School Athletic Association and competes in the 1A classification.
Cross Country (1A-2A, Section 1), Basketball (1A, Area 8), Indoor Track (1A-3A), Soccer (1A-3A, Area 4), Tennis (1A-3A, Section 3), Outdoor Track (1A Section 2), Swimming and Diving (1A-5A, Central Section), Volleyball (1A, Area 8)
August through October – Volleyball, Varsity, Junior Varsity and Middle School
August through November – Cross Country, Varsity and Middle School
August through December – Swimming and Diving, Varsity
September through January – Basketball, Middle School
October through first week of March – Basketball, Varsity and Junior Varsity
November through February – Indoor Track, Varsity
January through April – Tennis, Varsity and Middle School
January through April – Golf, Middle School Girls
January through May – Outdoor Track, Varsity and Middle School
January through May – Soccer, Varsity
Summer Camps & Conditioning
In June each sport will hold its own team camp. Cross Country will begin preseason training for August. Basketball teams will hold practices in preparation for team camps later in the month. In July each sport will hold a sports camp for lower school participants. These camps are led by the coaches of each respective sport.
Eligibility- Each student athlete has to have the following in order to be eligible to participate in AHSAA sporting events as a part of a Westminster team:
- Been a student in good standing at Westminster in 2016-2017 or a rising 7th grader or a transfer student from a non AHSAA school or a transfer student from a AHSAA school with a bona fide move. (If you are new to Westminster in grades 8 or above, email Coach Poore).
- Maintain a 70 average in all classes and accumulate 6 credits in grades 9-12 and 4 credits in grades 7-8.
- Have on file with school an original copy of a birth certificate
- Have on file with school an annual physical form done by a doctor.
- There is a new online Sportsmanship course for new athletes starting 2017 school year. Click here to take the course.
- Have a Concussion Information Form on file with school signed annually by both parent and student.
- Have a Student Release Form on file with school annually signed by parent and student.
- If you are a transfer student from another school there are other forms necessary to submit. Those are on the site as well. We also ask that all new student athletes' parents meet with us initially to discuss eligibility.
- AHSAA Pre-Participation Physical
- AHSAA Concussion Information Form
- Student in Good Standing – Transfer Form
- Emergency Info and Consent Form
- Driver Permission Form
- AHSAA Participant Consent & Release Form
Show Your Spirit
Thank you for supporting Westminster School at Oak Mountain!
Westminster School at Oak Mountain
5080 Cahaba Valley Trace
Birmingham, AL 35242