The Westminster college guidance program seeks to help parents and students see the admissions process as a path by which students come to know who they are, how to face reality, and how to launch out of the home and into the freedom of adulthood.
Components of The Path
College Events: A series of discussions to help parents and students start thinking about life’s next step.
11th/12th Grade college Admissions Panel at 7:00 on August 29 in S-180
11th/12th Parents Panel on the college process at 7:00 on September 28 in the upper school atrium
The Journey: A step-by-step checklist of what you need to do and when.
Readiness: There will be meetings during the enrichment period to help students work through the College Path. We will devote time to the following for students:
- Decision Grid-factors to take in to consideration when choosing a college
- Financial Planning-information on how to pay for college
- The Application Process-looking at what it takes to apply to colleges
- Scholarships-familiarity with the different types of scholarships offered
- Standardized Testing-what test to take and when to take it
- College Essay-writing a better essay for a prospective college
Other College Information
All Pencils Down-ACT/SAT/PSAT tutoring
Becky Cox -ACT Tutoring
Faye Nichols -Test Preparation and Consulting