At Westminster, we believe that athletics is something that God uses as a means of grace and a tool for discipleship in equipping our children in many ways…
Westminster Athletics, Celebrating 10 Years of Competing in AHSAA
State RunnerUp Trophies
Individual State Medals
State Track and Field Records
AHSAA State All-Stars
Westminster athletics is a program designed as a holistic approach to educating our students. We obviously spend a great deal of our energy training the body but also desire to train the mind and the spirit. This vision and set of core values will allow our students to see the type of character traits that we want to inspire them to emulate. This sets the bar for our program in terms of the witness that we present to our community, our opponents, and to outsiders in general. Further these values give our coaches teaching opportunities with which to present their own stories of life challenges, successes, and failures so that the players can draw from that wealth of experience. Lastly we want to communicate these to our parents so that they have confidence in our program in that it is not just about winning but excellence in every aspect of their child’s educational experience in athletics.
As believers in the gospel of Jesus Christ we desire to exemplify and promote the character of Christ in how we practice and compete. To honor Him we embrace and aspire to embody the following core values and present ourselves to others as living testimonies worthy of the calling of Christ. We want them to run the race well and to finish strong. We desire to prepare the student for the path, not prepare the path for the student. Our Christian worldview is the foundation of these character building principles. Our coaches will seek to equip our students to embody these principles in victory and defeat.
Westminster is a member of the Alabama High School Athletic Association and competes in the 1A classification.
Cross Country (1A-2A, Section 1), Basketball (1A, Area 8), Indoor Track (1A-3A), Soccer (1A-3A, Area 4), Tennis (1A-3A, Section 3), Outdoor Track (1A Section 2), Swimming and Diving (1A-5A, Central Section), Volleyball (1A, Area 8)
Eligibility- Each student athlete has to have the following in order to be eligible to participate in AHSAA sporting events as a part of a Westminster team:
- Been a student in good standing at Westminster in 2016-2017 or a rising 7th grader or a transfer student from a non AHSAA school or a transfer student from a AHSAA school with a bona fide move. (If you are new to Westminster in grades 8 or above, email Coach Poore).
- Maintain a 70 average in all classes and accumulate 6 credits in grades 9-12 and 4 credits in grades 7-8.
- Have on file with school an original copy of a birth certificate
- Have on file with school an annual physical form done by a doctor.
- There is a new online Sportsmanship course for new athletes starting 2017 school year. Click here to take the course.
- Have a Concussion Information Form on file with school signed annually by both parent and student.
- Have a Student Release Form on file with school annually signed by parent and student.
- If you are a transfer student from another school there are other forms necessary to submit. Those are on the site as well. We also ask that all new student athletes' parents meet with us initially to discuss eligibility.
- AHSAA Pre-Participation Physical
- AHSAA Concussion Information Form
- Student in Good Standing – Transfer Form
- Emergency Info and Consent Form
- Driver Permission Form
- AHSAA Participant Consent & Release Form
Show Your Spirit
Thank you for supporting Westminster School at Oak Mountain!
Westminster School at Oak Mountain
5080 Cahaba Valley Trace
Birmingham, AL 35242